INTRODUCTION TO FREE-HAND MACHINE EMBROIDERY + NICKY SIMPSON
ENROL AND BEGIN ANY TIME: BOOK HERE
ONLINE ON-DEMAND (Start Anytime)
FEES: FULL COURSE £35 (+ Cademy Admin Fee)
START TIME & COURSE LENGTH: UNLIMITED ACCESS
WHAT THE COURSE IS ALL ABOUT:
A great new introductory course lead by textiles artist NICKY SIMPSON. This course introduces you to free-hand machine embroidery, an exciting and creative textile skill. During the course you will learn how to draw/paint with stitch, just as a fine artist uses paint, using your hands with free motion. Release your creative spirit using your sewing machine!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This short course is suitable for anyone, and especially for those new to textiles. You may be a teacher wanting to up-skill, a student who wants to further your current knowledge, or anyone who would like to be more creative with their sewing machine!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This is a comprehensive course which offers a series of 6 short video tutorials, where you can practice alongside Nicky, working at your own pace. Each video can be paused and rewound. There are also step-by-step guides which have health & safety, tips and trouble shooting.
Video Tutorial 1: Introduction & Equipment
Video Tutorial 2: Feed Dog & Presser Foot
Video Tutorial 3: Your Design
Video Tutorial 4: The Hoop
Video Tutorial 5: Preparation
Video Tutorial 6: Get Sewing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 8′ Wooden hoop
- Piece of cotton fabric to use for your design
- Glass head pins
- Reel of thread
- Template of rose design
- Sewing machine with free hand capacity (the dog feed lowers with a drop feed lever)
- Darning foot/quilting foot
- Fabric: You need a cotton based, cut a shape bigger than your hoop size.
- Fabric scissors
- Thread: Colour of your choice.
- Learn and practice a new and exciting skill.
- Develop confidence and enhance your skills using a sewing machine as a drawing tool.
What is special about Textiles Skills Centre Training Rooms?
The Textiles Skills Centre training room is an experience that delivers textiles skills, knowledge and understanding in bite sized units. It is a unique learning concept which allows you to learn at your own pace.
Your trainer is NICKY SIMPSON, a contemporary textiles artist, who has 12 years teaching experience, heading up Fashion & Textiles at Hillview School in Kent and a previous 22 year career as a print designer in the heart of London. She has also mentored many graduate trainees, taken workshops at the Knitting & Stitching show, volunteers as an art therapist and for the past 5 years, has been a workshop developer and leader for Textile and Art teachers on behalf of the Textile Skills Centre.
Advantages of joining a Textiles Skills Centre Training Room?
- Work/study can be done at any time and anywhere.
- Training includes video demonstrations, step-by-step guides and downloadable resources
- No travel arrangements or costs
- Best use of time: flexible access, revisit when needed, ready-to-use resources
- Unlimited access to the training room with handouts to download and links to other useful resources.
Terms & Conditions
Your ticket is not refundable or exchangeable once you have enrolled on the course.
Once you have booked on, you will get immediate and unlimited access to the course and all the resources. Training includes videos and handouts to download, links to further information and useful resource